The following describes the Allegan county Community Foundation’s (ACCF) information gathering and dissemination practices. The privacy statement may change at any time; any changes will be posted on this page. Should you have additional questions, comments or concerns please contact:
Allegan County Community Foundation
PO Box 278
112 Locust Street
Allegan, MI 49010
What Information We Collect
You do not need to give us any personal information to browse alleganfoundation.org. As a general matter, when we do request your information it is completely voluntary to provide it to us and is a combination of personal and business-related information. Information we typically collect, and store includes:
- Your name
- Your job title
- Your organization/company/related business name
- Your email address (can be either business or personal depending on what you provide us)
- Your phone number (can be either business or personal depending on what you provide us)
- Your mailing and billing address (can be either business or personal depending on what you provide us)
In some circumstances, we may also ask you to provide the following information:
- Your professional photograph/headshot
- Your demographic information
- Your resume/CV
- Your social media handles (can be either business or personal depending on what you provide us)
- Your professional biography
- Your professional interest areas and expertise
Other information not outlined here may be requested depending on the circumstances, but it is completely voluntary to provide it.
In addition, when you interact with www.alleganfoundation.org, our servers may keep a log that does not identify you personally (“non-personal information”) since we do not combine it with any identifying information. We use this data to ensure the security and performance of our websites and mitigate website and server issues. This data includes:
- Device information used for accessing the website such as device type, platform, IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language, and other transactional information; and
- Other “traffic data” such as time of access, date of access, error reports, pages accessed, and referring website addresses.
Other non-personal information we may collect includes:
- Demographic data such as age, gender, general interests, and five-digit zip code;
- Usage information about what is accessed on the website including pages viewed and time spent on the website; and
- Search terms and search results.
There are many ways you can control non-personal data your computer sends to us, but it depends largely on privacy settings you control through your internet browser. We suggest that you visit your internet browser setting options to limit or stop this data from being sent to us.
How We Collect Information
The following lists the most common ways in which we collect your identifying information:
- When you sign up to receive email from us;
- When you request information or assistance;
- When you apply to become an ACCF scholarship applicant, recipient or reviewer;
- When you apply to become an ACCF grant applicant or recipient;
- When you apply to become an ACCF Love Your Hometown grant applicant or recipient;
- When you vote for Love Your Hometown grant projects;
- In conjunction with any other place on our websites where you knowingly enter personal information.
How We Use Your Information
In general, we use the personal information we collect from you to engage in the activity for which we collected it. Most commonly, we also use your personal and non-personal information in theses specific ways:
- For editorial purposes;
- Responding to your inquiries;
- Communicating with you about your account or transactions with us;
- Sending you newsletters, mailings, and information about programs, initiatives, activities, for-sale items, and events by email or another medium;
- Optimizing or improving our programs, services, and operations;
- Verifying your account and account activities;
- Detecting, investigating, and preventing activities that may violate our policies or be illegal;
- Improving and personalizing our websites and communications;
- Performing statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses regarding website traffic and usage patterns; and
- Managing our organization.
How We Share Your Information
The ACCF is dedicated to ethical practices in all of our operations and to protecting the privacy of all visitors to our websites and all individuals whose data we collect and store. Except as outlined in the paragraphs below, we do not sell, barter, give away, rent, or permit anyone outside the ACCF to use or access your personal information.
We may use independent contractors and third-party agents, affiliates, platforms, and partners to perform functions and provide services such as marketing, analytics, e-commerce, customer record retention, assessment processing, etc. on our behalf. These entities have access to the personal information needed to perform their functions and are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of any personal information we collect. They are restricted from using, selling, distributing, or altering this data in any way other than to provide the requested services to the ACCF.
Your email address will only be used within the ACCF. The ACCF does not share, sell or rent email addresses to anyone outside the organization. You will be opted into our e-newsletter database and receive our monthly e-newsletter and other correspondence. You may unsubscribe at any time. Please note, the ACCF may still contact you via email for business related matters (e.g. application processing, invoices, etc.).
“Cookies” are small pieces of information that are stored by the browser you used to access our websites. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. Please note, if you disable cookies, the performance of ACCF websites may be affected. More information about cookies and how you can delete and disable them can be found at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
Specific cookies we use and what we use them for on our websites:
Applications for grants and scholarships. When you log into the website issues a session cookie to keep you logged in for the duration of your session. This session cookie does not include your username or password nor any other personal or confidential information. If you block these cookies, you will not be able to login to certain areas of our website.
Applications and voting for Love Your Hometown. When you log into the website issues a session cookie to keep you logged in for the duration of your session. This session cookie does not include your username or password nor any other personal or confidential information. If you block these cookies, you will not be able to login to certain areas of our website.
How We Secure Your Data
The ACCF uses a variety of security measures to protect your data. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to help prevent unauthorized access to and improper use of personally identifiable information.
No website or electronic data can ever be completely secure, but the ACCF works to maintain up-to-date and appropriate security mechanisms.