If you make charitable contributions, a Donor-Advised Fund (DAF) administered by the Foundation may be for you. Here are a few of the reasons why a DAF might be the next step in your charitable giving plan.
- You receive an immediate income tax deduction in the year you contribute to your DAF.
- You recommend grants for the charities of your choosing and we do the rest.
- The Foundation performs due diligence on every charity recommended to receive a grant. Are they in good standing with the IRS? Are they up-to-date with state and federal requirements? Are they willing to accept your gift?
- The Foundation sends the grant check, notifies you when the grant check is sent, and communicates any acknowledgements provided by your charity.
- A monthly or quarterly statement allows you to track your fund balance and grants awarded.
- The only paperwork you need for your taxes is your gift acknowledgement from the Foundation.
- You can depend on the expertise and knowledge of the Foundation staff.
- You can plan your gifts or initiate them spontaneously.
- You can build your DAF with cash, stocks, and marketable securities.
Most importantly, the simplicity of a DAF allows you to enjoy your charitable giving. Contact the Foundation to start the conversation. 269.673.8344
Note: The information provided herein is for informational purposes only and should not be interpreted to constitute legal and/or tax advice. Donors should consult their legal and tax advisors regarding their specific situations.