Allegan County Community Foundation Grant Guidelines:
- Grants are made only to 501(c)3 non-profit organizations, governmental units, and educational institutions. There are occasions when ACCF may award grants to religious organizations (non-profit/tax-exempt), however, such grants may only be used to charitable purposes by the religious organization, or its affiliate provided the purposes are inclusive and voluntary.
- Grant projects and/or programs must benefit residents of Allegan County.
- Grants are made only to organizations that are in good financial health and well managed, and grants are made only for projects that are well-conceived and likely to be successful.
- Grants are made to organizations that are committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual identity or national origin.
Upon receipt of all grant applications, ACCF will verify the following:
IRS Tax-exempt Status Verifications:
- EIN matches that documented by the IRS
- Contact information matches the IRS contact information
- Current 990 submissions
Current State of Michigan Corporate Filings
Valid State of Michigan License to Solicit
PLEASE NOTE: In the case of a church, school, or government entity, a written and signed statement is required identifying them as an entity that is not recognized under IRS subsection 501(c)3 and why.
The application (for both the TAG and Legacy Grants) are due in December. The online JotForm can be gradually completed and/or revised but must be submitted by the deadline, to be considered.
To receive the link for the application email email@example.com and provide the organization’s name, organization’s mission, contact information, as well as a brief description of the funding you are requesting.
For additional information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 269.673.8344.