Information and Deadlines:
The Non-Profit Spotlight was developed by the Allegan County Community Foundation as a vehicle by which the non-profit sector could tell their stories. The non-profit sector exists to serve the needs in our community. In order to understand the world around us, we only need to look at what the non-profits are doing. What better way than to have a publication that lets you share your news to Allegan County.
We highly encourage all non-profits serving Allegan County to participate in the Spotlight. As you head into 2020 to plan your quarterly stories out at one time, look at the calendar and know what needs to be promoted, requested, or shared in 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarter. What items fall into January – March; April – June; July – September and October – December? Also, don’t forget about info-bits! These are great sources of information that give you additional exposure on a different page, that make the reader aware of what is coming up for your organization (fundraisers, events, new staff) and are included in the cost.
The Spotlight is inserted in the Allegan County News, Union Enterprise, Commercial Record and the Allegan zone of the Holland Sentinel. The subscription and delivery numbers are just over 11,600 each quarter.
The publication is a high quality, full-color, edited supplement. View past issues of the Spotlight here.
Your cost – only $50 per issue. The Foundation pays for the remaining $3,000+ per issue.
- The price also includes 10 copies per participating organization. Please pick these up at the Foundation or we can mail them to you for the cost of the shipping. These are great for marketing to your donors, board members and clients.
- A professional editor provides the beautiful layout and design.
- If you need assistance with your article, please contact Marketing and Growth Director Jennifer Collins at (269) 673-8344.
Article submission deadlines for 2020:
January 9th 2020 issue – Deadline for submissions: October 25, 2019
April 9th 2020 issue – Deadline for submissions: January 17, 2020
July 9th 2020 issue – Deadline for submissions: April 24, 2020
October 15th 2020 issue – Deadline for submissions: July 24, 2020
NEW EMAIL ADDRESS FOR ARTICLE SUBMISSIONS: Spotlight@alleganfoundation.org
Want to participate? Here are your next steps…
- Return the completed 2020 participation form (found here) to Spotlight@alleganfoundation.org
- Submit your article [in a Word Doc., no PDF’s], photos [jpeg, gif, tiff] and info-bits by the appropriate deadline. No photos imbedded into articles. Please attach photos separately.
- NEW Organizations: be sure to submit your logo and all contact information with your first submission.
The Foundation has a list of locations we try to keep supplied with Spotlights – please do the same in your community. Libraries, accountants, churches, financial advisors…anywhere you can get your organization seen.