party banner graphicYou were awarded a scholarship, CONGRATULATIONS!

So what’s next?

Some scholarships are announced at senior award nights, others are announced by email. Either way, once you are notified, here is what you need to do:

  1. Check your email (the email you gave on your scholarship application) for your Acceptance Agreement
    1. Complete the form (all information is necessary to process your scholarship check
    2. Submit the acceptance agreement. You MUST submit your completed scholarship acceptance agreement by the deadline given on the scholarship agreement form. If we do not receive your completed agreement, we can’t send the scholarship check to your school, your tuition is late and lots of stress happens after that! AND, if we don’t get the completed agreement in by the date indicated on the form, you will forfeit (lose) your scholarship
    3. Regularly check the email you provided for any communications from the Allegan County Community Foundation
  2. Once we receive your completed agreement
    1. It can take up to 6 weeks to process your scholarship check – another reason why you need to return your agreement as soon as you can.
    2. Checks are made out and sent to the institution you have listed on your completed agreement.
    3. The check is accompanied by a letter that lets the school know
      1. Your name and ID #,
      2. the amount of the scholarship,
      3. to divide any scholarships over $500 by the first two semesters, and
      4. to replace other, less attractive forms of aid (loans) with the scholarship award.
  3. If you have received a renewable scholarship, your agreement will have instructions on what to do to receive your subsequent year(s) awards.
  4. Troubleshooting
    1. Check in with your financial aid office to make sure the scholarship was applied to your account.
    2. If there are ANY problems, contact us. We will address any issues arising from your scholarship.
    3. If you transfer schools, notify us immediately. If your scholarship hasn’t applied the full amount to your account, we may be able to get it transferred to your new school.
    4. If you drop out, contact us immediately. Schools are pretty good about returning unused scholarship amounts. Those funds are used for the next year’s students.
    5. If you would like to request a deferral of your scholarship – call us. For instance, if you receive enough other scholarships to cover your first year, we can defer your Foundation scholarship for when your other scholarships have ended. Or, if you need to put school off for a year – call us. We can talk through any situation that may arise. Don’t risk something you have earned…call us at 269.673.8344.
  5. Anything else?
    1. Yes! Scholarship funds are provided by people who have worked hard and sacrificed their income to support your education. Please send us a thank you note that we can pass on to the scholarship donors.
  6. Still Have Questions…contact us at 269.673.8344 or