- The only known youth-designed, youth-driven scholarship program. Scholars are chosen by TAG Team members based on their academic efforts and community service.
The first TAG Team scholarship was given out in 2006 to an Allegan County graduate. The funds for this scholarship were made possible by the passion and hard work of the members of the TAG Team. They are committed to supporting their peers in their pursuit of a higher education. Graduating seniors of an Allegan County high schools are eligible to apply for the annual scholarship. (TAG members, past or present, are not eligible.) The scholarship must be used to defray college costs (tuition, books, and room/board) in the student’s freshman year. This scholarship is not renewable.
- Applicants must be an Allegan County high school senior
- Applicants must intend to be a full-time college/trade school student
- The ideal TAG Team scholarship winner will be one who has put forth effort academically, has shown leadership ability, and makes community service a priority.
Donations to the TAG Team Scholarship Fund will be used to award scholarships for student leaders throughout Allegan County. Donate here.
- TAG Team members participate in leadership opportunities that support, encourage and remind us that we all make choices and that confidence, kindness and self-respect lead to healthy choices.
TAG Team members are passionate about the responsibility they have to represent their peers. More than 30 non-profits submit grant applications every year. These applications contain a wide variety of services for youth throughout the county: grief therapy, shelter in times of domestic violence, the provision of diapers/socks/clothes and food, physical and emotional therapy, literacy initiatives, and much more.